Why do people come to see me?
The two most common symptoms that people seek medical help for is fatigue and pain, either of which can be an indicator of many common diseases as well as unusual ones.
Patients seek out my help when they want:
- To be LISTENED TO and HEARD, and to have TIME to tell their story.
- To see a DOCTOR who is knowledgeable, experienced and an EXPERT in their field. A doctor who will take the time to listen, examine them and create a PLAN for them.
- Help with conditions that conventional medicine has few options for - such as memory loss, fatigue, chronic gastrointestinal conditions, autoimmune diseases, chemical and environmental toxicity including mold toxicity, bio-identical hormones, a full array of thyroid hormones, adrenal and general hormonal health, atypical as well as common infections, allergies, neurological, sleep and mood disorders, anxiety, weight optimization, and alternatives to medication, just to name a few.
- An investigational forensic approach to their problem. Someone who will think outside the box, explore the underlying cause(s) and be thorough in their evaluation. I am like a crime scene investigator, and address all plausible factors.
- To be evaluated as whole person holistically as a sum of ones physical, emotional, mental and spiritual constellations instead of as one symptom.
- A second, third or even fifteenth opinion.
- A thorough explanation of their diagnosis so they can make informed decisions.
- Someone who will respect them, treat them with kindness and address complaints not accepted by mainstream medicine and who will not criticize or ridicule them.
- The least invasive or least harmful but effective treatment for their conditions, especially to avoid toxic pharmaceuticals, with more options as a whole.
- To be educated on how to go about improving health and learn what might be harmful.
- To partner with someone who is interested in helping them optimize their health.
- To stay healthy.
- Someone who can bridge the gap between conventional and alternative medicine AND can prescribe pharmaceuticals as needed in addition to natural therapies.
- Someone who is well-versed in botanicals, homeopathy, acupuncture, detoxification, bio-identical hormones, food as medicine and energy medicine.
My patients see me because:
- THEIR HEALTH IS THEIR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET which they VALUE beyond everything else.
- I am an EXPERT in INTEGRATIVE, FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE and INTERNAL MEDICINE.
- I spend time listening to them, getting to know them, examining them and formulating a plan.
- I offer unique, state of the art laboratory tests, including genetic testing and other work-ups that are unfortunately foreign to many others in the healthcare industry.
- I am smart and know about a huge variety of conditions and treatment modalities both in conventional medicine and integrative medicine.
- I am ABIM Board Certified in Internal Medicine and ABOIM/ABPS Board Certified in Integrative Medicine.
- I am one of few fellowship trained physicians in Integrative Medicine.
- I have been an experienced functional medicine doctor for over 20 years long before it became fashionable and before certification even existed.
- I have over 20 years of experience in Alternative and Traditional medicine.
- I am trained and certified in medical acupuncture through the Joe Helms UCLA Acupuncture course.
- I respect my patient’s autonomy to be the executor of their health.
- I have trained with some of the most amazing pioneers in holistic and functional medicine such as Dr. Andrew Weil, Dr. Jeffrey Bland, Dr. Gladys McGarey, Dr. Joe Helms, Dr. Alan Gaby, Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, and Dr. Stephen Genuis to name a smattering few. The number and quality of lectures I have attended over the last 25 years by specialists in the alternative medicine field is vast. I have learned from so many knowledgeable health care providers, however, my greatest teachers are still my patients.
- They don’t want a 10 minute appointment in which they can only discuss one issue.
- Do you see your health as your most valuable asset, more valuable than any of your material possessions?
- Do you want to be evaluated by a doctor who is an EXPERT in Integrative and Functional Medicine?
- Do you want a long appointment to have the doctor get to know you, examine you and formulate a plan?
- Do you want a doctor who listens, is not a gatekeeper for your insurance company and is not operating on a quota by a third party insurance company?
- Do you want a doctor who offers state of the art diagnostics and also KNOWS how to interpret them?
- Do you want a doctor who is a skilled investigator of your health and can think outside the box?
- Do you want a doctor who is Board Certified in Integrative Medicine, Holistic Medicine and Board Certified in Internal Medicine?
- Do you want a doctor who can prescribe both pharmaceuticals and natural therapies and bridge the gap between conventional and alternative medicine?
- Do you want a doctor who has over 20 years experience in both integrative, functional, holistic AND conventional medicine.
- Do you want a doctor who respects your autonomy and choices in your healthcare?
If most of your answers to the above questions are a resounding YES, then I believe I can help you in your healthcare.