What to Expect
Your Journey to Answers and Health
1. Gathering Information: Prior to your appointment you will fill out numerous patient questionnaires and forms. Found at the link: FORMS. Gather all clinically relevant records that you wish to share with Dr. Martin. Take pictures of your medications and supplements in advance of your appointment. It is an excellent idea to take pictures of your medical records and labs and store them in a Medical Records folder on your phone.
2. Meeting with the Assistant: Upon checking into the clinic, you will meet with Dr. Martin’s assistant who will engage in a conversation to find out more about you, assess your vitals and intake forms, and perform some pre-diagnostic testing.
3. Hearing Your Story: During your initial appointment with Dr. Martin, she will go over your forms with you, review your history, issues and goals, ask you many questions, and examine you. The more information she is able to learn from you, the better she will be able to understand your medical issues, diagnose, and formulate a plan. Dr. Martin is interested in learning all about you.
4. Formulating a Plan: Dr. Martin will recommend a plan that will include homework, diagnostic testing, and initial treatment. Your homework may encompass reading material, diet and exercise suggestions, and introspection. The visit will end with a plan for a follow-up evaluation with Dr. Martin. This will entail an appointment with her.
5. Diagnostic Testing: Most likely, Dr. Martin will recommend diagnostic testing, both conventional and innovative. Dr. Martin uses your in-network labs and radiology services whenever feasible as these labs are often well-covered by your insurance benefits. We utilize state-of-the-art testing with independent, research-focused, CLIA certified labs that are on the cutting edge of technology. For conventional blood tests we refer you to LabCorp or Quest, with a requisition for services. For specialty labs, we offer to draw the blood in the office, which we will process and send out for a small fee. In addition, we also offer pioneering testing that may involve urine, stool, saliva and genetic assessment that you can do in the privacy and comfort of your own home. A parcel collection service will come directly to your home or work for pick-up. The at-home tests come with excellent and detailed instructions as well as assistance if you should need it. It is important to carefully read these instructions prior to doing these tests. These specialty tests often take 3-6 weeks to receive results.
6. Schedule Your Next Appointment: It is imperative to schedule a follow-up appointment, 55-85 minutes duration, to review the results of your diagnostic tests and discuss treatment options and healing recommendations.
7. The Results: Upon receiving your results, Dr. Martin will review them, and we will mail or email you a copy to be thoroughly discussed at your follow-up visits. Please expect to review your results with us in person; however, a critical result in your labs will be handled eminently by phone. We will address as many results as we can in the allotted appointment time that you have scheduled. Anything that we aren’t able to cover will be addressed in the next appointment. Please consider this when scheduling your appointment. **Should you not receive a copy of a result within 4 weeks of submission, please call us at 303-762-7206 to let us know so we may look into the matter.
Your Next Appointment
8. In this appointment, Dr. Martin will thoroughly review and discuss your lab results. She feels the better you understand your findings, the more successful the plan to optimize your health will be. The word “doctor” means to teach, and this is very important to Dr. Martin. We see the patient-physician relationship as a partnership based on cooperation, flexibility, compassion and attainable goals. Together we will formulate a plan that strives for success. Due to the limitation of time, anything we are unable to cover will be discussed at the next appointment. Dr. Martin will continue working with you and monitoring your progress in future visits as needed.